ANZAC Day 2018
The Dawn Service at the Shrine of Remembrance will start this special day (at 6 am). Those of you who wish to join us for breakfast at the Jardin Tan (formerly the Observatory Cafe) which is located directly opposite the eastern steps of the Shrine, straight after the Service, are most welcome. The Dawn Service is a most emotionally rewarding experience that focuses ones self on why we as a society have the freedoms we enjoy today.
Refer to the RSL Victorian Branch Anzac Day page for further details.
After breakfast, 458 Squadron Victoria Flight will be forming up on the Federation Square side of Flinders Street, east of Swanston Street. Please look out for the 458 Squadron Banner. We will be there from about 9:30am if you would like to come early for a chat. Form up time is at 11:00am sharp and step off is 11:30am. This early formation is a request from the RSL.
After The March please join us at 1 pm for our Victoria Flight AGM and light lunch at the Jardin Tan Restaurant.
Sydney, New South Wales
The SYDNEY Anzac Day 2018 arrangements for 458 Squadron Association are as follows:
- Please review the RSL webpage outlining this year's Anzac Day march arrangements.
- The modified arrangements for the march this year are as follows:we are to assemble at the corner of Phillip & Hunter St. at 09:15 am, with all indications from RSL march coordinator that we will march off before 10:00am
- Please advise if you will be attending the march and/or our function to follow.Our reunion and meeting venue is Castlereagh Boutique Hotel from 11:00am.
- Some great news, our President Keith Cousins has been given the all clear to attend and lead 458 at this year's march having just celebrated his 97th Birthday!
- The costs per head to be paid on the day for the reunion will be the same as last year ie.$30 per head. Please pass on this information to any other known 458 contacts who may care to join us on this the centenary of the end of WW1.
- Look forward to seeing you all there and please don't hesitate to contact Stephen Bruce, 458 Squadron Secretary should you need any further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Castlereagh Boutique Hotel Level 1,169 Castlereagh St, Sydney (corner Goulburn & Castlereagh Sts) from 11am
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Please click on following links for Information on ANZAC Day 2018 in Canberra.
Australian War Memorial activities.
Adelaide, South Australia.
The last surviving 458 Veteran belonging to SA Flight sadly passed away last year (see 458 Newsletter #256 for more details). To commemorate Anzac Day 2018 please join us for lunch.
The reunion lunch will be at The Kensi, 23 Regent St, Kensington at 12 noon. Contact Dave Cosh, his number is in the April 2018 edition of the 458 Newsletter (#259).
For All ANZAC Day details visit the SA RSL website.
Perth, Western Australia
Darwin, Northern Territory
Check your local or Regional Northern Territory Branch of the RSL for march times and places.
The NZ Government have created a special Centennial website for both Anzac Day 2018 and many other commemorative events that mark New Zealand's First World War Centenary. To find an ANZAC Day service in your location, go to the What's Happening page and click on your preferred city/town/region.
You may also be able to check your local or Regional The Royal New Zealand Returned and Services Association for march times and places.
ANZAC DAY DAWN SERVICE 2018
25 April 2018, Pretoria. The Australian High Commission, together with the New Zealand High Commission, will host a commemorative dawn service at Freedom Park, Pretoria on Wednesday 25 April 2018. Details as follows: Venue - Freedom Park, corner Koch and 7th Avenue, Salvokop, Pretoria. Time - 05:30 for 06:00 start. For further information and to RSVP, please contact email@example.com
Please see the High Commission facebook page for more details.
Check the South African Legion website.