ANZAC Day 2017
The Dawn Service at the Shrine of Remembrance will kick off this great day (6 am). Those of you who wish to join us for breakfast at the Jardin Tan (formerly the Observatory Cafe) which is located directly opposite the eastern steps of the Shrine, straight after the Service, are most welcome. The Dawn Service is a most emotionally rewarding experience that focuses ones self on why we as a society have the freedoms we enjoy today.
Refer to the RSL Victorian Branch Anzac Day page for further details.
After breakfast, 458 Squadron Victoria Flight will be forming up on the Federation Square side of Flinders Street, east of Swanston Street. Please look out for the 458 Squadron Banner. We will be there from about 9:15am if you would like to come early for a chat. Form up time is at 9:45am sharp and step off is 10:15am. This early formation is a request from the RSL.
After The March please join us for our Victoria Flight AGM and light lunch at the Jardin Tan Restaurant.
Sydney, New South Wales
The SYDNEY Anzac Day 2017 arrangements for 458 Squadron Association are as follows:
- Please review http://www.rslnsw.org.au/commemoration/Anzac from the RSL outlining this year's Anzac Day march arrangements.
- The modified arrangements for the march this year are similar to last year. We are to assemble at the corner of Phillip & Hunter St. at 10:00 am and set off around 10:20am +/-
- Please advise if you will be attending the march and/or our function to follow. We do need to advise the hotel our numbers for catering purposes (sandwiches, hot and cold platters of food and beverage package). Our costs have been maintained at around $30 per person depending on number of attendees.
- Look forward to seeing you all there and please don't hesitate to contact Stephen Bruce, 458 Squadron Secretary should you need any further information.
- The Castlereagh Boutique Hotel Level 1, 169 Castlereagh Street, Sydney (corner Goulburn and Castlereagh Streets)
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Please click on following links for Information on ANZAC Day 2017 in Canberra.
Australian War Memorial activities.
Adelaide, South Australia.
The last surviving 458 Veteran belonging to SA Flight sadly passed away on the 10th of March 2017 (see the March edition of the 458 Newsletter for more details), so there will be no one marching on Anzac Day 2017. However members please join for lunch.
The reunion lunch will be at The Kensi, 23 Regent St, Kensington at 12 noon. Contact Rick Michell or Dave Cosh. Contact numbers are in the March edition of the 458 Newsletter.
For All ANZAC Day details visit the SA RSL website.
Perth, Western Australia
Darwin, Northern Territory
Check your local or Regional Northern Territory Branch of the RSL for march times and places.
Check your local or Regional The Royal New Zealand Returned and Services Association for march times and places.
ANZAC DAY SERVICE 2017
25 April 2017, Pretoria. The Australian High Commission, together with the New Zealand High Commission, will host a commemorative dawn service at Freedom Park, Pretoria on Tuesday 25 April 2017. Details as follows: Venue - Freedom Park, corner Koch and 7th Avenue, Salvokop, Pretoria. Time - 05:30 for 06:00 start
Please see the High Commission webpage (one-third the way down the page) for more details.
Check the South African Legion website.